Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Built-In Buffet

When I bought this home in 2009, I took a good look at the built-in buffet and knew it would be a job to strip the many layers of paint off.
1915 CRAFTSMAN BUNGALOW

1915 CRAFTSMAN BUNGALOW

I started to strip off the paint. What you see here took 3 hours or so to do. Since it wasn't top priority, I did not continue with it right away. During this time, my bathroom was undergoing construction.
1915 CRAFTSMAN BUNGALOW

My Mom came and stayed two days with me and stripped all the paint off the built-in buffet. Currently, I need to sand it so I can stain it. Right now, I have the beadboard removed from the back of the built-in so I can flip it. Since the back side is unfinished and unstained, I won't have to strip the paint from all of the grooves. Jeremy and Dawn from Bungalowcious gave me this idea.
1915 CRAFTSMAN BUNGALOW

No comments:

Post a Comment