Sunday, February 24, 2013

Master Bedroom

After loosing my domain, blogging has been a bit frustrating. This is the first time in about 7 months I have been able to access my blog... The master bedroom has been underway on being completed. I had to do a lot of re-wiring etc. I used 5/8 drywall over the lathe and plaster on the celing. I rented a drywall lift that came in real handy. Untitled Untitled I spent two full days re-wiring the bedroom abd the main line that runs underneath the house. Untitled Six straight hours it took me to re do the wiring in the crawl space. Untitled My wife Jovita has been a big help through our renovation. Untitled Here are the Master Bedroom windows before stripping. I had to remove the glass to do this job. I wound up breaking the glass and installed thicker glass on all four windows. 1915 CRAFTSMAN BUNGALOW New sash cords are installed. I also oiled the pulleys. 1915 CRAFTSMAN BUNGALOW Here are the finished stained windows. I will install the trim after the paining and texture is complete. 1915 CRAFTSMAN BUNGALOW My friend Chuck came over to help me mud and tape the drywall. 1915 CRAFTSMAN BUNGALOW A fisheye view of what it looks like today. 1915 CRAFTSMAN BUNGALOW

6 comments:

  1. Those windows are gorgeous! Great that you have some help.
    You're gettin' there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Much rather have these windows than the vinyl ones that all my neighbors seem to be getting.

      Delete
  2. This post brought back memories of our nursery and guest room renovation. Great job! It looks like you are through the worst of it now that the drywall is up. I remember being so relieved once we got to that stage. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are just beginning on our 1912 Craftsman home. At first we were just going to remove the awful lime green pained embossed wall paper and orange painted faux tiles in the kitchen. We are now removing the lathe and found the ceiling has to come down and the saga begins. We have a long path ahead in this renovation. We have the same five panel doors, most are painted or missing. Many remodels that have removed lots of the original trim. Our kitchen is a 1950's remodel... all I can say is Yuck!. You have inspired me not to get disheartened with buying a home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first looked at our home, I had to carefully think how I could make it possible to renovate to its original look. All the light fixtures were replaced in the 1950's and the kitchen and bath remodeled in the late 1980's. The kitchen and bathroom were the most expensive and challenging projects and thankfully I am done with that part. My original trim was still there thankfully. All the original wood windows are still in the house except for three. Not bad considering the house has 14 windows.

      Delete
  4. I have just installed iStripper, and now I can watch the hottest virtual strippers on my desktop.

    ReplyDelete